Tuesday, January 22, 2008


"I am an RN in the SSRC/RIC Procedure Suite. I was lucky and honored to have worked with Jim during his fellowship at SSRC. Jim was always smiling. He had a great sense of humor and often had us laughing at the simplest things. He was intensely committed to his work, but, at the same time was relaxed and approachable. I took the liberty of listening to him as he examined patients. His “bedside” manner was gentle, supportive and above all informative. It was obvious how much he loved teaching and that he was very skilled. Many times he used this skill to allay patient anxiety and fears about a procedure and I might add he was quite successful!

Jim soon became a very skillful clinician in the procedure suite. A patient Jim completed a procedure on said to me upon discharge, “Tell that young doctor that was painless and his future patient’s are very lucky!”

I will miss Jim and his warm sincere smile. My thoughts are with his family and friends in this tragically sad time."

Mary Beth Eggers RN,CRRN
Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Center

No comments: